Date: Thursday July 8, 2021
Present: (10) Gloria Campbell,
Rick Smith, Tim Rodabaugh, Jean & Dick Coon, Roberta Sahlberg, Marlene Little, Steve Fieno,
Shirley Lant & Anita Hesser
Members Joining (0)
none; renewing (1) Doreen Hartman
Reading of the last minutes: Motion to adopt made by Roberta Sahlberg, 2nd by Tim Rodabaugh
A quorum was established
at the beginning of the meeting. Meeting began at 7:00 pm. Meeting held at Grange building.
Balance $19, 407.65. We deposited $793.00 in bottles / cans, dues & memorials. Motion to accept the
treasurer's report was made by Steve Fieno, 2nd by Tim Rodabaugh
1) Marlene reported on cemeteries. She suggested we attempt to contract someone
to take care of Green Bentley, Turner & Crandall.
Tim has someone
he will contact to see if he is interested - he will report at the next meeting.
2) Gloria reported that Rick had
sent the revised resolution to the lawyer. She asked Rick to follow up with the lawyer.
Marlene made the suggestion that perhaps the Amish / Mennonite's could be contacted for an estimate
on a new roof. Once
the building paperwork is completed we
will begin the grant process for needed repairs.
3) Steve & Rick have worked on the fence which looks great. They have 3 to
4 hours of work left then it will be finished.
4) Anita reported on Fund Raising. There are 29 tables reserved thus far with
hopes for more.
5) Tim reported on the newest additions to the societies holdings: 1) An antique seed broadcaster
& bag 2) An antique
International Harvester horse drawn mower
& 3) A postcard watercolor done by Talitha Botsford.
6) Rick reported on the tombstone holders he is making. They are being used to
set old headstones back upright. He had
photos of them for all to see. This costs $20.00 for each one. Gloria would
like to see this be a project whereby
people could "adopt" a grave / marker for a Military Veteran, etc. We
would create a log with the person who adopted
a certain stone & they would receive a certificate of thanks. Tim suggested
Jeff Murray with the Elmira Star Gazette
might do a story on this project which would give the society some publicity.
7) Gloria would like the Town of Veteran & Village of Millport upcoming anniversaries project to be chaired by
Anyone interested in assisting please let Tim know. This is something which has a deadline as both the
town & village
celebrate their anniversaries in 2023.
8) Marlene donated 2 plant hangers for the Geraniums out front.
Speaker / Presenter:
none for this meeting
Date / time of next meeting: Thursday September 9, 2021 @ 7pm at Veteran Grange
Adjournment / motion
& second: Motion to adjourn made by Jean Coon, 2nd by Marlene Little
Submitted by: Shirley Lant, Secretary
TR transcribed to