ALL MEETINGS ARE THE SECOND THURSDAY OF EVERY OTHER MONTH(JAN,MAR,MAY,JULY,SEPT,NOV) AT 7PM AT THE VETERAN TOWN HALL COR OF JOHNSON HOLLOW RD AND RTE 14 MILLPORT NY(UNLESS OTHERWISE ANNOUNCED)
THE PUBLIC IS WELCOME AND VOLUNTEERS ARE ENCOURAGED. HELP US TO KEEP THE PAST PRESENT.

Enter content here

 

Town of Veteran Historical Society

Meeting Minutes

9 March  2017

 

Date: Thursday March 9, 2017

 

Present: Tim Rodabaugh, Anita Hesser, Shirley Lant, Jean & Dick Coon & Jane Palmer

 

Members Joining or renewing their dues: none at this meeting

 

Reading of the last meeting minutes: Adopted by: A motion to accept the minutes was made by

Jane Palmer& 2nd by Anita Hesser

 

A quorum was established at the beginning of the meeting.  The meeting began at 7:10 p.m.

 

Treasurer's Report: The Treasurer was not present so the balance from the January 12th meeting was used: 

that amount being $9,171.97.  Those members in attendance agreed upon this. 

 

Old Business:

1) Our next bake sale will be Friday April 14, 2017 at the Horseheads American Legion.  Set up at the Legion

will be at 3:30 pm.  Drop off of bake goods at the Town Hall Friday morning from 10 -11 am. 

2) There has been no communication whatsoever from Ken Ripley with regard to setting up a meeting with

an engineer.  Ken was supposed to have presented information at the Town of Veteran Board Meeting on

January 19, 2017.  Tim emailed the Town Clerk Pat Manwaring on Monday February 27, 2017 asking for a copy

of the Town Board Meeting minutes - but has received no reply whatsoever as of this meeting.  After further

discussion it was suggested that this topic be tabled for Gloria's return. 

3) The tree which is down in the Van Duzer cemetery remains.  The town may be waiting for better weather to

remove it.

4) Tim will return to Staples for one or two self-inking address stampers.  These will be available at the May meeting.

 

New Business:

1) Don Coyles, the lawyer who had been assisting us has passed away.  Gloria asks that if anyone knows a lawyer who

might work pro bono or at a reduced cost with us to please let her know.

2) Anita Hesser presented the new bags we will use for fund raising.  She will present a bill for $476.00 to the Treasurer

at the next meeting.  Anita has volunteered to pay the shipping costs for the bags.  They are very nice & we look forward to

using them soon.  There was discussion of selling them at the upcoming bake sale & on our website as there are out of town

members who may wish to have them.   Discussion will continue.

3) It was discussed & agreed upon that we should keep our prices for baked goods the same.  We don't want to raise

our prices & lose customers.  Anita has the prices for items stored in her cell phone. 

4) A card for Ann Lant was circulated to be signed.  Ann is currently in Rehab at Seneca View in Montour Falls. 

5) It was suggested we get a speaker / presentor for our May meeting.  Tim will email Gloria tomorrow to see if she might

have an idea of someone we could contact before the next meeting.

6) Tim reminded everyone to change their clocks & "Spring Forward" one hour this Sunday 12 March 2017. 

 

Speaker / Presenter: no speaker at this meeting.

 

Date / Time of next meeting: Thursday May 11, 2017 @ 7 pm at the Veteran town hall

 

Adjournment / motion & second: Motion to adjourn made by Anita Hesser 2nd by Jean Coon

 

Submitted by: Shirley Lant

 

Town of Veteran Historical Society

Meeting Minutes

12 January 2017

 

Date: Thursday January 12, 2017

 

Present: Anne & Tim Rodabaugh, Gloria Campbell, Anita Hesser, Shirly Lant, Jean & Dick Coon,

Steve Fieno & Jane Palmer

 

Members Joining or renewing their dues: *Shirley & Marjorie Lant, Anita Hesser, Joanne Ripley,

Jane Palmer, Dick & Jean Coon

 

Reading of the last meeting minutes: Adopted by: A motion to accept the minutes was made by

Tim Rodabaugh & 2nd by Anne Rodabaugh

 

A quorum was established at the beginning of the meeting.  The meeting began at 7:00 p.m.

 

Treasurer's Report: Read by Gloria as Rick was unable to attend.  Balance is $9,171.97.  $637.00

deposited.  Expenses were $143.40. 

 

Old Business:

1) Gloria announced a correction to last months meeting minutes with regard to Anita Hesser: Anita 

was nominated to the Executive Committee, not the Fund Raising Chair as stated, as that position is

an appointed one.

 

New Business:

1) Gloria reviewed the reasoning for a quorum & explained the different reasons why one is needed. 

2) Gloria stated that there were not any other candidates / nominations brought forward for the offices

mentioned in last months meeting minutes.

3) The members attending voted on the following officers: President: Gloria Campbell - 9 votes yes, Vice

President: Tim Rodabaugh - 9 votes yes, Treasurer: Rick Smith - 9 votes yes, Secretary: Shirley Lant - 9 votes

yes, Executive Committee Members: Jane Palmer, Anita Hesser & Joanne Ripley - 9 votes yes for each.  A

motion to accept the new officers was made by Anita Hesser & 2nd by Tim Rodabaugh. 

4) Membership Committee: Shirley Lant reported on the *above listed members who renewed at this meeting.

5) Fund Raising Committee: Anita Hesser reported favorable results with regard to Vista Print.  Some of the

other vendors she had contacted were a bit too expensive.  Vista Print can do 500 bags for us for $569.48

plus $30.00 shipping.  Anita reported that they were very easy to work with & provided us with a nice discount.

When it comes time to distrbute the bags we will need volunteers to assist us.  One person could drive

while another person hangs the bags on doors, etc.  A motion was made by Gloria to order the 500 bags which

the members in attendance voted unanimously to do.  Tim Rodabaugh will look into an address stamper.

6) The next bake sale will be Friday April 14, 2017 at the Horseheads American Legion.  There will be our

regular drop off of baked goods at the town hall from 10 am - 11 am that morning.  Set up at the Legion will be

at 3:30 pm. 

7) Gloria brought photos of the back building for all to see.  The possible use of the back building is a work in

progress.  Gloria will continue to follow up & let us know of any new developments.  Many members in

attendance voiced their opinions.  Gloria did ask that if anyone could attend the town board meeting on Thursday

January 19th to please do so & let her know if Ken Ripley presented any further information to the board.

8) Gloria asked members to become more versed in grant writing to assist in future endeavors.  She has visited

several area museums & asks them how they go about getting grants. 

9) Gloria stated that at the 12/15/16 town board meeting it was mentioned that a large tree was down in the

VanDuzer cemetery & that the town board had made a proposal that the tree be taken down by the town of

veteran highway department.  The members in attendance agreed that was a good idea since the town has

taken on the responsibility for that cemetery.

 

Speaker / Presenter: no speaker at this meeting.

 

Date / Time of next meeting: Thursday March 9, 2017 @ 7 pm at the Veteran town hall

 

Adjournment / motion & second: Motion to adjourn made by Jean Coon 2nd by Dick Coon

 

Submitted by: Shirley Lant

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Enter content here

Enter supporting content here