Date: Thursday May 13, 2021
Present: (13) Gloria Campbell, Rick Smith, Tim Rodabaugh, Jean Seymour, Jean & Dick Coon,
Roberta Sahlberg, Marlene Little, Lonell & Mary Johnson, Steve Fieno, Joan O'Dell
and Shirley Lant
Members Joining (1) Sharon
Keough; renewing (2) Dick & Jean Coon
Reading of the last minutes: Motion to accept made by Tim Rodabaugh, 2nd by Steve Fieno
A quorum was established at the beginning of the meeting. Meeting began at 7:00
pm. Meeting held at Grange building.
Report: Balance $18, 614.65. We received $250 in donations in Bev Benjamin's name. Motion to accept
treasurer's report was made by Jean Coon, 2nd by Roberta
1) Gloria talked about the information she submitted for the National Study with regard
to the Finger Lakes region.
1) Welcome new member Sharon Keough
2) Marlene talked about the cemeteries. Turner / Crandall will need to be cleaned out. Greene
Bentley looks good, a
tree that came down was taken care of.
Rocky Rumsey continues to mow in front of the stones. Parsons is set to be
mowed in the next week or so. Marlene will put feelers out for volunteer assistance.
3) There has been no word on the status of the paperwork for the Grange building.
4) Steve reported he has checked prices for the fence. It will be around $600 &
the society will cover this.
All in attendance okayed the purchase
as it is over our normal approval limit.
has donated a larger mailbox for use at the Grange.
Gloria mentioned we are still getting garbage mixed in with the cans & bottles. Can & bottles need to be in
bags, not left
loose in the bin. Ray at Can Do has asked
that we place our cans & bottles in our bin out front - one of his staff empties
all of the bins out front each week.
The Craft Fair is in full swing. Anita reports 13 tables sold. She will be in contact with the Legion to determine
tables are allowed. We will still follow any applicable
Covid rules that are in place at the time of the Craft Fair.
8) We recevied a thank you from the Schuyler Co. Historical Society for the gift of the bridge blueprint.
9) A donation appeal for the society & a possible Ginger Bread house competition
were both discussesd.
More on them to come at future meetings.
10) The 200th Anniversay of Veteran & the 150th Anniversary of the village
of Millport were both discussed.
Lots of good ideas were presented;
Gloria would like to see a committee organized for this project.
11) Jean Boor donated a hand made cradle to the society.
Speaker / Presenter: none for this meeting
Date / time of next meeting:
Thursday July 8, 2021 @ 7pm a the Grange
/ motion & second: Motion to adjourn made by Jean Coon, 2nd by Roberta Sahlberg
Submitted by: Shirley Lant, Secretary
transcribed to site